Do you wish to get an access to the world of Android and its unknown features or unapproved applications? Are you seeking to root LG G3 running Lollipop? Now, you can. Although this is an easy process, earlier there was no standard method to help in the process outlined below.
The Korean user created the LG firmware exploits method which was later translated by an XDA developer user Unidentified Dev. Further, avicohh, the XDA blog member released an easy version of the same script, “One Click”. This technique also supports other models as well
There is desktop software available that can help you with this in 4 easy steps –
- Downloading and installing the software in the PC
- Connecting to the PC with the USB cord
- Selecting the developer alternative to enable USB debugging
- Running the software and let it complete all the other steps
It can also be done manually using the XDA script. The instruction mentioned on the XDA script are simple to follow and can be easily understood. Simply follow the steps outlined below as indicated!
- A windows computer is vital for this entire procedure.
- The USB Drivers must be installed in your PC.
- From the “Settings”, click on “About-Phone” followed by “Software Info”.
- In the Software info section, you can find “Build Number” which you need to tap around five to seven times until it approves you as a developer.
- Once again going back to the “Settings” menu, click on the new addition on the list that is “Developer options”.
- Next ensure the “USB debugging” option is enabled.
- Once all these steps are complete, the USB cable is used to connect to the computer.
- zip file should be downloaded and unzipped to find the LG Root folder in the download directory.
- Double Click on the script.bat file to run the program.
- Then search for ADB interface on the Device Manager option (if the needed driver is installed, you can easily find it).
- Once you get the ADB interface, type these commands one by one on your terminal or command window and press enter after each.
- Unplug and plug in the USB cable until you are shown a message that USB debugging is allowed.
- Next appears the message to allow the computer always where you hit OK.
- Then a serial number appears after the below command.
- If you can see the serial number, then more or less you are ready and your next step should be to copy the following script on the prompt and enter-
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- Now, you are a step away from the firmware update, do not close the prompt window, unplug from your computer, switch off and again plug in the USB cable while holding the volume up button.
- Downloading appears on your screen is now ready with the update once it is complete.
- Next you will need the com number, so look for your specific plugged in com port. From manager, you can find ports and your LG G3 com number as well.
- Next you again return to the Command prompt window and copy and paste the code-
Enter the COM number in place of (changeme) and copy and paste another trail of link in the prompt and click enter-
sh /data/local/tmp/g2_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- Finally, you can just remove the battery and put it back again to enjoy the root access.
In order to explore the complete potentiality and access the files, go ahead with this simple process of rooting. With the above, you realize how easy it can be to initiate and complete the whole process.